16 February is healthy lifestyle awareness day and it is a reminder that leading a healthy lifestyle is essential for a happy and fulfilling life. When it comes to living a healthy lifestyle, it's not just about physical health, but also taking care of your mental and emotional well-being. It's important to note that there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach to achieving a healthy lifestyle, but there are simple habits you can adopt in your daily routine that can help you start your day off right!
1. Meditate, breathe, and practice gratitude: Begin your day with some form of meditation, deep breathing, or gratitude practice. This can help you clear your mind, reduce stress, and set a positive tone for the day. Check out our meditation videos in our Contents’ section in-app to learn more about mindfulness or finding balance. You can also use our Journal to write down 10 things that you are grateful for every day.
2. Get natural sunlight: Spend at least 15 minutes in direct natural sunlight in the morning. Sunlight helps to set your internal body clock, increases serotonin levels, and improves your mood. It is also a great source of vitamin D - the happy vitamin.
3. Move your body: Take a quick walk, stretch, or do some resistance training to get your body moving. Walking is a great way to keep the brain active, and it can also improve non-linear thinking, creativity, and mood. Resistance training, like squats or push-ups, can also help you build strength and feel more energized. If you don’t have time for the gym, start with 20 squats or push-ups and build from there.
4. Plan your day: Set your intention for the day and plan your meals - it cuts through the noise and can be very motivating. Our friends at JB Balance have perfected the meal planning part of this. If you plan your meals, you save time, money and are guaranteed to eat healthily. No need for take outs or microwave meals! One hour of planning can save you up to 10 hours of doing!
5. High-five yourself in the mirror: This is a fun and positive way to acknowledge your achievements, no matter how small they may be. By taking a moment to celebrate your progress, you're reinforcing a positive self-image and cultivating a can-do attitude. This is so simple and quick, yet SO effective for that boost of confidence.
Incorporate these easy habits into your morning routine and start the day on the right foot by setting the tone for a healthy lifestyle. Remember, you are only one simple habit away from a happier and better day.
Join JB Balance in the Forest on 15 March 2023 at 20h00 to learn more about making healthy eating easy!
Posted by Khwezi Mabunda